Share this Post
We will be playing barnyard round-up.
What You Need:
- A milk jug
- Milk caps—If you haven’t been collecting milk lids for months like I did for this activity, you could use checkers or poker chips in place of milk lids.
- A die
- A utility knife
- A paint pen or permanent marker
- Foam sheets
NOTE: You’ll want to make sure your milk jug and milk lids are thoroughly washed before we begin.
How to Make Your Barn
- Cut a small slit near the top of the jug and another cut at the bottom in the shape of a door.
- Next decorate your milk jug to look a barn. We used foam sheets and paint pens to make our barn—Foam sheets can be found at your local dollar store.
- Then take a die and color the 1,2, and 4 side red.
How To Play
The idea of the game is that you are all working together to get the animals in the barn.
- Take turns rolling the die and then putting that many milk lids (or animals) in the slot at the top of the milk jug (or barn). If you roll a red colored number, take that many animals out of the barn.
- The game ends once you have gotten all of the animals into the barn.
This fun game teaches counting, turn-taking, fine motor skills, sportsmanship, and patience.
Have fun playing barnyard round up!