Share this Post
Cotton Ball Games (part 2)
This is part two of our fun cotton ball games series
We have 3 activities today
- Ice cream scoop race
- Cotton ball straw blow
- Cotton ball painting
For the race you will need
- ice cream scoopers
- cotton balls
How to Play Ice Cream Scoop Race
- First, set up several cones pause place a bowl at each end of the playing area—having one bowl filled with cotton balls.
- Then, have the kids scoop up a cotton ball with their scooper and walk around the cones to the other bowl.
This race is great for improving gross motor and fine motor skills, also it is a lot of fun!
For Cotton Ball Straw Blow You Will Need
- Drinking Straws
- Cotton balls
How to Play Cotton Ball Straw Blow
- Have the kids make a little goal or a doorway out of the building blocks.
- Hand everyone a cotton ball and a straw.
- Now try blowing your cotton ball through your goal using your straw.
This game fosters creativity, breath control, and persistance
For the cotton ball painting activity we will need
- Clothes pins
- Paint (you’ll want to Make sure your paint is non toxic)
- Paper plates
- Cotton balls
Let’s get ready to paint
- Let your kids pick out their favorite colors.
- Then have your kids pick up the cotton ball with a clothespin. (This is great for teaching your kid fine motor skills)
- Then have them dip the cotton ball in the paint and start painting.
Painting fosters creativitity, promotes self esteem, and teaches the colors.