Share this Post
I love summer! Such a fun chill time, running through the sprinkler, playing at the pool, sleeping in, and eating popsicles. The kids love otter pops, but I’m not a fan of giving the kids sugar water for a snack, so this fruit pop is our compromise. It is super easy to make, it looks really cute, and the whole family will love eating this low calorie snack.
Ingredients to make your homemade watermelon popsicles:
- 5 cups of watermelon
- 1 cup of vanilla yogurt
- Frozen blueberries
- Green food coloring
- Dixie cups-3 oz size
- Craft sticks
- First put about 5 cups of watermelon and puree it in your blender.
- Then pour the watermelon puree into small dixie cups, don’t fill it to the top, you will be adding yogurt later for the rind. I like to leave about ¼ inch in each cup, if your kids love yogurt feel free to leave more room and make a bigger rind. I put it into a cup that would be easier for my kids to control so they could be my helpers.
- Then put the dixie cups in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cups from the freezer and add 3 to 4 frozen blueberries in each cup have your children help with this step. It’s great counting practice. These blueberries will be the seeds in your watermelon. So fun and healthy!
- Then take a small square of foil, cut a small slit in the middle with scissors. Place the piece of foil over the cup then poke the stick through the foil using the slit. The slushie watermelon and the foil will hold your popsicle stick in the right position.
- Put the fruit pops back in the freezer for 2 more hours. Next prepare the watermelon rind.
- Take 1 cup of yogurt add 4 to 5 drops of green food coloring.
- Mix it all together.
- Remove the foil from the popsicles.
- Fill each cup to the rim with the green yogurt.
- Put the popsicles back in the freezer one last time for 1 more hour
Now cut the cup off the popsicle
Then sit back with the kids and enjoy your super cute healthy snack.